Recently whilst doing a Google search on myself I found my old Myspace.com profile. All I can say is, Wow! What a blast from the past. Now it’s not like I had anything unsavory on my profile there but I thought I should really take this down. I don’t use it, I haven’t logged into my account in years so why have it? I started by trying to login in. No luck. I knew I made the account with an ancient Hotmail.com account I didn’t have access to anymore because it was deleted. So I tried to guess the password I would have used for the account back in 2008. That was 10 years ago and despite me trying all the usual suspects I couldn’t remember it. So I decided to try reset the password. No luck there, without access to the email address associated with the account I was unable to access the link Myspace.com would send me when I submitted the password reset form. What now?

I thought I would check the helpdesk of Myspace.com, surely they had another way to access your account. After all I couldn’t be the only one without my old email address who couldn’t get into their account. After a bit of searching I found the so called “helpdesk”. I say that because it was barely a helpdesk, just handful of articles from 2014 that contained basic information like “If you want to reset your password, click the password reset link”. Not helpful at all. Additionally I found Myspace.com no longer maintains any kind of support email address or live chat agents.

So what now? How can you delete your Myspace.com account in 2018 without access to your account or the ability to reset your password? One word: compliance.

Myspace.com still maintains a compliance email address which on it’s website is for law enforcement etc but I am happy to report that you can email this address and after confirming who you are they will delete your profile for you!

Here are the steps I took:

1. Email compliance@support.myspace.com: Tell them you want to delete your Myspace.com profile. Make sure you give your Myspace.com URL (myspace.com/your_username), the original email address associated with the account and tell them you don’t have access to your original email address
  2. Wait for their reply
  3. When they do reply they will want a copy of your government issued ID, I gave them a copy of my drivers licence. Please note your name and photo must be visible, all other information can be hidden.
  4. Wait for their reply but when they do it should be all done! Your profile is now deleted.

I contacted the compliance email address on the 13/04/2018, got a reply on the 14/04/2018, sent a copy of my ID on the same day and my profile was deleted on today (19/04/2018)

I hope this guide helps you delete your Myspace.com profile.

28 Comments

Annis · June 23, 2018 at 3:20 am

Thanks for the great guide

Genevive B · August 31, 2018 at 7:38 pm

Very helpful, thank you. I have been trying without success for years to delete my profile. I contacted compliance, and I hope for a response.

Jona · October 11, 2018 at 4:42 pm

Did you every receive a response?

T · September 28, 2018 at 12:55 am

Thanks for the info. I have emailed and hoping this will be the last time I make any attempts towards this. Deleting my profile was harder than getting a replacement copy of my birth certificate – and that was really annoying!!

harlee · October 10, 2019 at 6:59 pm

So I just got my profile deleted and I had contacted compliance@support.myspace.com and support@myspace.zendesk.com they deleted my profile after providing my ID and information. the whole process took less than 2 weeks. Both emails were responsive and extremely helpful. be patient it might take a few days to hear back 🙂

Christian Gamino · October 15, 2018 at 5:41 am

Thanks for sharing. Just contacted support myself in spite that I’ll deleted an account or two.

Jvt · October 29, 2018 at 7:01 pm

Thank you so much. I emailed them last night and got a response today, sent my ID and they deleted it!

Sage · December 7, 2018 at 6:54 am

Thank you so much for this i’ve been trying for years to delete this account 🙂

Nastassja · February 3, 2019 at 7:50 am

Luke, I love you!

Pete · February 27, 2019 at 5:06 pm

I have emailed MySpace twice with your suggestions but have not heard from them. It’s been two days.

Luke Melville · February 28, 2019 at 12:00 pm

Might need to wait a bit longer. Mine took about a week.

Sarah Hensley · March 10, 2019 at 6:45 pm

I have received a response and sent them my id. It’s been over a week since I emailed them and I haven’t received a response back yet that it’s been deleted. Should I be worried?

Luke Melville · March 12, 2019 at 12:43 pm

Might need to wait a bit longer. The team probably isn’t very big so it’ll take time to process.

Cade · April 3, 2019 at 6:43 pm

Does this still work?

I sent them a email a few days back (3 days ago to be precise), and have yet to hear a response?

Any suggestions?

Luke Melville · April 4, 2019 at 10:19 am

Might need to wait a bit longer. Mine took about a week.

Cade · April 4, 2019 at 5:34 pm

Hey Luke,

Thanks for your response! I’ll keep you updated on if i hear back or not. 🙂

Jasper · April 26, 2019 at 1:51 pm

@Cade did you hear a response?

Dee · May 29, 2019 at 6:44 pm

Does deleting your myspace page work for getting rid of all your photos when your name is googled searched? I googled my name and ALL my myspace photos showed up!!!! I need them to all be deleted.ASAP

Luke Melville · May 30, 2019 at 9:59 am

Yes it does. This is the exact reason I deleted my account.

Kate · September 23, 2019 at 1:20 pm

Has anyone tried this recently/does it still work? I’m desperate to delete my myspace account! I filled in their form with a pic of me holding a piece of paper with the myspace URL on it (someone on the internet said to do this) AND I’ve emailed the complaints email AND I’ve even sent them a hard copy letter (myspace LLc, 6100 center drive suite 800, LA, California 90045. Has anyone managed to get their account deleted recently, ie 2019?

Robin · September 27, 2019 at 8:59 pm

I haven’t attempted this yet but I’ve been married since and my name won’t match. Will it still work?

Harlee · October 10, 2019 at 6:56 pm

Hello,

harlee · October 10, 2019 at 6:58 pm

Ms.S · January 2, 2020 at 11:14 pm

Hello,
I’m in a bit of a panic as the old myspace profile from years ago is negatively effecting my work and endeavors. Has this worked for anyone as of lately? Thanks!

Stratomatic · January 7, 2020 at 3:15 am

I followed this process, but also included a copy of my ID when submitting the email to MySpace (Jan 3, 2020). Got an email back 3 days later (Jan 6, 2020) from MySpace that my profile was deleted (I checked, and it is). Now I just need to work on getting the images removed from the google search, because they are saved under Googles cached images or something? It says they will be removed when Google updates its cached images (no clue how often that happens?), however the Myspace email helps you figure this out, and I just I submitted the URL to google and hopefully that gets it taken care of. I will let you know how that goes. Thanks for the help

Kat · January 10, 2020 at 7:03 pm

Has this worked for anyone recently? I just sent the email today. I really need this account taken down for job hunting purposes. I have a feeling it’s been negatively effecting my job offers because of a immature photo I posted making fun of someone else when I was 19. I’m 31 now and for sure not the same person that I was in 2008.

Kat · January 10, 2020 at 9:28 pm

So everyone I tried it and it worked. I sent the email to the address op provided and it worked. It took them about 3 hours to get back to me. All I had to to was send them a picture of my I.d. I didn’t get a response back from support but when I googled searched my name the account link was still there however when I clicked on it I got a 404 error message. Some of my pictures are still visible in google as thumbnails but when I click on them I just get a 404 message. This advice worked! Thank you!